Why work with Reli On Us on Driving While Suspended charges?
Reli On Us experienced legal team can do everything for you in most cases. This might include filing all the forms and attending Court dates as well as gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses. We will show you the best possible defense and guide you correct through the court process.
Stay out of jail and keep your driving record clean
Protects you from insurance premiums being raised because of excessive tickets
Maintain the ability to drive or keep a licence clean
Over 15 years experience protecting clients
COMMON TYPES OF CHARGES
Driving while suspended
Payam Javadi –
An experienced professional dealing with Driving While Suspended cases
DRIVING WHILE UNDER SUSPENSION
Section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA)
A ticket for driving while suspended:
Driving a motor vehicle in Ontario is considered a privilege, not a right. The government, court and/or the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario can suspend your driver’s licence for:
- Accumulating too many demerit points on any violation of a G1 or G2 driver’s licence (15 demerit points)
- Failing to pay set fines
- Speeding more than 50km/h
- Driving while under suspension s
- Stunt driving
- A breathalyzer reading over .50mgs
- A judge’s court order to suspend your licence for failure to pay ordered fines
- Family support payments
- Medical suspension
- Civil judgement under the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Act
- A conviction for a criminal driving offence
A driver’s licence suspension means that the driver is not allowed to drive for any reason in the Province of Ontario.
Penalties for Driving Under Suspension
- Minimum one thousand ($1000.00) dollar fine.
- Minimum five thousand ($5000.00) dollar fine for cases involving alcohol.
- Mandatory six (6) month further licence suspension for a first offence.
- Possible six (6) months in jail.
- Vehicle seizure for seven (7) days.
- Dramatic increases in your insurance rates
Ministry of the Attorney General 1-800-518-7901
Back on Track Remedial Program 1-888-814-5831
Court Services (Toronto) Website Link
Ministry of Transportation (MTO) 1-613-957-4222
Highway Traffic Act Website Link
Court Services (Ontario) Website Link